Beginning on June 24 in Dallas, Texas, the Vans Warped Tour will start its cross-country journey. Featured artists include 3OH!3, Less Than Jake, The Story So Far, New Found Glory and Yellowcard. The shows will continue until Aug. 13, where the bands will play their final sets in Portland, Oregon.
Warped Tour began in 1995, and in 1996 became known as the Vans Warped tour when Vans became their biggest sponsor. The tour primarily promotes alternative music and has been running every summer since. It is currently the “largest traveling music festival in the United States” as well as the “longest-running touring music festival in North America.”
The bands were announced all at once this year in a change of pace for Vans Warped Tour. But like every other year, some of the big-name bands only play during select times in select locations. For example, Good Charlotte will only be performing July 19-July 28. This year, 41 performances will take place across 30 states, not including the initial show in Anchorage, Alaska, that technically counts as the “Road to Warped.” Tickets do not usually sell out until the day of the shows, with local attendance averages reaching up to 15,000.
- 2016 is the 21st anniversary of the Warped Tour.
- General admission tickets are now on sale for $40 each and can be purchased through the Vans Warped Tour website.
- Some of the more well-known bands include Sum 41, We The Kings, The Maine and Waka Flocka Flame. (In addition to punk rock music, the show also boasts hip hop, pop punk and ska artists.)
- Musicians such as Blink 182, Katy Perry and Fall Out Boy have all attributed their success to starting out playing at the Warped Tour.
- Parents get free admission, and there are areas for them to wait for their children (reverse daycare).
- Backstage passes are given away to the first 100 fans who donate blood to the Music Saves Lives Foundation.
Fall Out Boy is now one of the most well-known bands in the world.
“It’s more than just music.”
TAGS: #vanswarpedtour #vans #journeys #90days #90daystowarped #warpedtour #warped #musicsaveslives